Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Listed Productions and Resident Advisor invade Hotel Victor roof top pool bar




The Hotel Victor located on Ocean Drive, plays host to many events on its rooftop. althought the Hotel Victor has a lobby lounge, it is the roof top where many a party takes place. With a nice pool and an expansive roof deck, it is no wonder why one would choose to throw a party here.


Listed Productions and Resident Advisor both hosted events here. I attended both. Good times, great music, awesome crowd. I happened to be "listed" for both events. That means I was on the guest list. The cover charge for both events I attended was $20. Well worth the show that awaited upstairs.


On the roof people were in the swimming pool, some fully clothed, others not so clothed. Couples were seen dancing and making out in the swimming pool. The music was loud enough to enjoy, but still low enough to talk to friends or network.


The price for drinks at the bar was something to laugh at. A Grey Goose on the rocks was $17, they also tacked on a 20% gratuity which was definitely not justified. I would expect that at a hotel if I was also factoring in good service. The bartenders were slow to make drinks and could not handle the crowd that they had. Two of the bar tenders appeared to not have any clue as to what they were doing, both with their guests and with the computer system that they used. Being that this was an industry party that I was at, most people complained at the lack of urgency the bartenders had for people wanting drinks.


I had to tell myself several times that I was there for the music and not the drinks. I did enjoy myself, but it was more due to the DJs and the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment